- Coming Soon
Holland & Sherry has continued to supply prestigious tailors and luxury brands with some of the finest cloths in the world.
Stephen George Holland and Frederick Sherry began the business as woolen merchants at 10 Old Bond Street, London, specializing in both woolen and silk cloths. In 1886 Holland & Sherry moved premises to Golden Square, at the time the epicenter of the woolen merchanting trade.
By 1900 the firm was exporting to many countries, it was around that time a sales office was established in New York. In the early part of the 20th century, the United Kingdom, Europe, North and South America were the dominant markets for the company. Amongst other distribution arrangements, there was a Holland & Sherry warehouse in St. Petersburg, Russia – a successful market prior to the revolution and now successfully renewed. By 1982 the businessmoved to Savile Row, which remains as our registered head office.
Holland & Sherry bought Scottish cloth merchant, Lowe Donald, based at Peebles, in the Scottish Borders and decided to locate their distribution to the purpose built warehouse there. Of all the cloth merchants of Golden Square, which were established in the late 1800’s, only Holland & Sherry remains. Over the decades we have purchased nearly twenty other wool companies.
Today, the Peebles warehouse houses our main sales, customer service, ordering, shipping, cutting, bunchmaking and design operations where we are constantly engaged in research for ever finer and more luxurious fibres and fabric qualities; sourcing the finest natural fbres, ranging from Super 240’s, cashmere to pure worsted Vicuna.